Saint John Fisher Catholic Voluntary Academy serves the Parishes of English Martyrs, Alvaston and St Ralph Sherwin, Chellaston.
We are very fortunate in our close parish links. Fr Mark Brentnall, our Parish Priest, is a regular visitor to our school. We are also fortunate to have a visiting priest from Poland, Fr Slavec; he too is actively involved in the life of the school.
Mass is celebrated almost weekly in our school. Some of the Masses are for the whole school; others are House Masses. Saint John Fisher children lead the readings at a Sunday Mass once a half term. This is an important community link with our parish; we warmly invite and encourage all our pupils and their families to attend these Masses whether or not they are Catholic.
Pupils visit English Martyrs Church as part of their RE programme of Preparation for the Sacraments and at various times to lead the Mass, which Fr Brentnall celebrates. School and Parish combine for seasonal events such as the Parish Christmas Bazaar.
Preparation for the Sacraments is done through the Parish but our teaching of Religious Education is an important part of that preparation. RE is central to our curriculum and we enjoy rich Liturgical life which ensures prayer is an important part of our daily life. Many of our parents are also active parishioners and they support us in our mission.
The school is embedded Although Parents have a right to withdraw their children from Acts of Worship and RE, all children are made very welcome and we find the majority of our children love to take part in the Liturgical life of the school.Visit English Martyrs Parish Diocese of Nottingham
- Parish Newsletter – 15th April 18 (5B) (002)
- Parish Newsletter – 8th April 18 (5B) (002)
- Parish Newsletter – 11 March 18 (5B) (002)
- Parish Newsletter – 25 Feb 18 (5B) (002)
- Parish Newsletter – 3 Feb 18 (5B) (002)
- Parish Newsletter – 28th Jan 18 (4B)
- Parish Newsletter 7th Jan 18 (Ephipany)
- Parish Newsletter 10th Dec 17 (2A)
- Parish Newsletter 26th November 17 (2A)
- Parish Newsletter 19th Nov 17 (2A)
- Parish Newsletter 12th Nov 17 (2A)
- Parish Newsletter 5th Nov 17 (2A)
- Parish Newsletter 29th Oct 17 (2A)
- Parish Newsletter 15th Oct 17 (2A)
- Parish Newsletter 8th Oct 17 (2A)
- Parish Newsletter 24th Sept 17 (2A)
- Parish Newsletter 17th Sept 17 (2A)
- Parish Newsletter 10th Sept 17 (2A)