School Chaplaincy Team
Our Chaplaincy Team is committed to supporting the spiritual and Catholic Life of pupils and staff of our school. The team offers opportunities for all to experience different forms of prayer, including formal prayer, meditative prayer and liturgy. Our Chaplaincy Team meet every Monday after school with Mrs Blurton and Farmer to plan, organise and discuss events and ways to support the Catholic Life of our school.
The role of a Chaplain is to serve as a member of their Chaplaincy Team to support the Catholic Life of the school.
- The Chaplaincy Team are entrusted with the responsibility of:
- Supporting the school in emphasising its spirituality and Catholicity as set out in the school’s mission statement
- Supporting and encouraging the school’s pastoral care for the whole school, pupils, staff and parents
- Assisting with the delivery and development of the prayer life of the school supporting assemblies, class prayer times and prayer groups
- Promoting, planning and organising the celebration of liturgies and co-operating with others in developing the school as a Christian community
- Monitoring and evaluating classroom prayer areas, school display and liturgies
- Organising and leading a variety of events to support local, national and international charities, for example: CAFOD; Rainbows; Doorways; Padley Centre; Project Arusha